It hit me the other day, as I was rolling and bouncing away on my birthing ball “Waiting for active labor is like waiting for the rapture. The signs are all around, but “no man knows the day or the hour!” Lol
Also, in a split second, everything will be changed forever. Life as I know it will never be the same!
What are some signs? Well last check up, I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. Lots of cramping, and some mucous plug releasing (tmi?). For those who’ve done the baby thing before, you know that’s actually pretty good. For those who have yet to, just know that to give birth you need to be 10cm dilated and 100% effaced.
I’ve had a lot of time to think while waiting for these girlies to come. Here are some random thoughts on the ridiculous side:
1. “Wanting labor to come is literally saying ‘Hurry up and come pain that’s going to make me feel like I’m slowly dying'”
2. “Is my water going to be the kind that breaks and gushes out in the most inconvenient place, like when I’m out for a walk in the middle of a busy street.?”
3. “How will I get home in said predicament? I’m sure any Uber driver I get will give me a zero rating, and do I really want to jeapordize my passenger rating on Uber?”
4. “How bad is the labor pain actually going to be? Like stub my toe really hard on a chair kind, or I’m being burned by acid kind?”
5. “Which doctor will be on call when it all goes down? What if someone else goes into labor the same time as I do, how do they manage that?”
6. “Will they be inside of me FOREVER?”
I think this is God’s way of helping mamas prepare for the pain ahead, because instead of the reservations I had about labor and delivery, I’m now in the headspace of “Let’s do this thing!”
Keep us all in prayer that the labor and delivery is smooth and soon. I mean how cool would it be to go into labor on Labor Day weekend? Lol
Either way, they’ll be here next week for sure because that’s when the scheduled c-section is. I’m praying I go into labor naturally though, but God knows what I can handle and what’s best.
He alone knows the day and hour 😊
What are some random and ridiculous thoughts going through your mind about labor?
Twin Mama Out,